Dealer Hoot!

From: JCALLENDS (JCALLENDS@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 11:43:57 EST

from a local dealer, loaded with all kinds of goodies, special paint, special
interor, etc., etc., and only had to put $100 down. Said he got a good deal
and delivery was promised in 6-8 weeks. Well he actually got the truck in 14
weeks, that's three months from order date, but it was one of a kind and he
felt it was worth the wait, went to the local drag strip a couple of weeks
later and saw an identical truck and it had the same Dealer's sticker on the
back. He talked to the owner and found out this guy got his truck 7 weeks
before my friend got his. Asked him how long he had to wait for delivery, the
guy says "I just happened to be at the Dealer's lot looking at trucks when he
was getting a delivery, saw this beauty of a truck and just could not resist,
offered the Dealership sticker price and had the truck the next day. Now you
know why the Dealer doesn't want to tell you anything about your order, HE'S
GOT YOU HOOKED.....
      On the practical side, in 1964 I ordered a Corvair Spyder Convertible, a
very hot item then, from a salesman who was a shirt tail relation. From the
day of the order to the day of delivery to the Dealer was 11 days! Yeah, less
than 2 weeks and Computers were not near as sophisticated then as now, which
means if the dealer you order from wants to, he can get that truck very
quickly.

Jack Collins (jcallends@aol.com) "Older than old"
  87 Dakota LE with 225,000+ miles 98 Dakota CC SLT with 2,000
miles.