Re: my first 1/4mile and LSD: Was 3.55 vs. 3.92 gears

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Thu Jan 29 1998 - 03:22:50 EST

Damn Mike, your truck is haulin ass. I run 14.8 and 14.9 with my
current mods, which include LSD. Before LSD I was running 15.7 and
15.8. My 60 ft times where 2.4 - 2.6, now they are mostly 2.2 with
an occasional 2.1. Your Auto must be helping you alot off the line,
or maybe your just a professional. Before LSD I would either have to
ease off the line and wait till second to get on it, or burn rubber
through first and second, did'nt look very pretty.
My current launch technique is to rev to about 2200 and drop the
clutch on the last yellow. The truck leaps off the line with hardly
any wheel spin. (most of the time). I take the sway bar off the
front also which tends to help plant the rear.
I have a feeling LSD would help you some but not as much as mine did.
I guess I have to give another one to you Auto guys. :)

Alan...

P.S. In case your interested TAD opens the 21st of Feb for the years
first street meet. I am planning on going.