Re: DML:Bucket seat question

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 29 1998 - 18:38:38 EST

--------------E6767C90A3FD732FD4C8D330

Y'all think your lumbar support is cool, my bench seat goes foreward and back!
And it does both motions, with just one lever!! And, what's really cool, is
that the back of the seat, leans foreward!! Sometimes I just open the door, and
lean it foreward, and back, 'cause technology amazes me.
Robert (I want bucket seats) Trottmann

william ligon wrote:

> I have the so-called lumbar support in my 97 CC SLT+ with Buckets, while
> Andy may have found his to be comfortable / usable - I found that the
> difference mine made to driving comfort were almost negligible.
>
> Bill Ligon

> Subject: Re: DML:Bucket seat question
> Date: 29 Jan 98 09:54:12
> From: Andy Callahan <quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>
> At 10:07 AM 1/29/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >> From: Tomdamit <Tomdamit@aol.com>
> >
> >> My "just delivered yesterday" '98 CC Sport w/ the bench/buckets does not
> have
> >> the driver's seat lumbar adjustment. But whaddya want fer $22,000+? ;-)
> >>

> >My '98 Sport Plus came with the buckets and I too was surprised at
> >no lumbar support (the sales brochure leads you to believe it's
> >standard). I really don't know why it wouldn't be these days .
> >(score 1 pt against "the New Dodge", but since the seats feel
> >comfortable enough on the several long trips I've taken so far I
> >think I can live with it...the thrill of V8 throttle overulling this
> >demerit :-)
> >

> >-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp
> >

> That's odd. My '97 Sport CC V8 with buckets had a 3-position (i think it
> was 3) manual lumbar adjustment lever on the left side of the seat. It
> worked pretty well. I did use the lumbar on the max setting to keep from
> getting a tired back on long trips. I would think that the '98s would also
> have the lumber on the buckets. But then again, they started offering power
> seats in '98, so that may be the difference.
>
> Andy
> * Andy Callahan *
> * BEIC Consultant *
> * University of Kentucky *
> * quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net *
> * accall0@sac.uky.edu *
> * accall0@pop.uky.edu *

--------------E6767C90A3FD732FD4C8D330

<HTML>
Y'all think your lumbar support is cool, my bench seat goes foreward <U>and
back!</U> And it does both motions, with <U>just one lever!!</U>
And, what's really cool, is that the back of the seat, <B>leans foreward!!</B>
Sometimes I just open the door, and lean it foreward, and back, 'cause
technology amazes me.
Robert (I want bucket seats) Trottmann

william ligon wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I have the so-called lumbar support in my 97 CC SLT+
with Buckets, while
Andy may have found his to be comfortable / usable - I found that the
difference mine made to driving comfort were almost negligible.

Bill Ligon

>> My "just delivered yesterday" '98 CC Sport w/ the bench/buckets
does not
have
>> the driver's seat lumbar adjustment. But whaddya want fer
$22,000+? ;-)

>My '98 Sport Plus came with the buckets and I too was surprised at
>no lumbar support (the sales brochure leads you to believe it's
>standard). I really don't know why it wouldn't be these days .
>(score 1 pt against "the New Dodge", but since the seats feel
>comfortable enough on the several long trips I've taken so far I
>think I can live with it...the thrill of V8 throttle overulling this
>demerit :-)
>

>-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp

That's odd. My '97 Sport CC V8 with buckets had a 3-position (i
think it
was 3) manual lumbar adjustment lever on the left side of the seat.
It
worked pretty well. I did use the lumbar on the max setting to
keep from
getting a tired back on long trips. I would think that the '98s
would also
have the lumber on the buckets. But then again, they started
offering power
eats in '98, so that may be the difference.

Andy
*
Andy Callahan
*