Re: DML pinging

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 19:11:10 EST

E. Frank Ball III wrote:
> I would try adding a bottle of Redline Water Wetter in addition to the
> 180 degree thermostat. It is a wetting agent that will allow the
> cylinder head to stay cooler for a given coolant temperature.
> You can find it a motorcycle shops or speed shops.
> Let us know how it works.

Oooops I forgot about that stuff. I put a bottle in about 2 months ago
and it also helped the pinging. Almost as much as when I switched to
the 180 tstat. I only paid like $8.00 at a speed shop, and I'd say it
is well worth it. I also noted a cooler reading on the temp guage.
Because I have the colder thermostat the needle always sat just a hair
past the first mark. After adding the WatterWetter the needle now
touches the first mark, so the temp did decrease slightly.

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto, DDBC, MP SBEC