Transfer of power

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 10:48:47 EST

Phil writes:>>Forgive a possibly stupid question, but how does the diff
transfer power from one wheel to the other?<<

No question is stupid, but I'n not sure I can explain the phenenom. A
picture here is worth a thousond words, but here goes. The pinion
turns the ring gear which is attached to a carrier housing that
contains a set of "SPIDER" gears that are mated to side carrier gears
that the axles are splined to. Hell - I just read back over that and
it doesn't even make sense to me. Anyone else want to try this one!!!

Sorry Phil

Azie