Re: Transmissions.

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 17:34:50 EST

Jack Collins wrote:

> Frank, People always tell you there bad experiencies they've had, who wants
> to hear the good? My personal experience, I purchased a 1987 DAKOTA LE new in
> 1986, it has lot's of goodies including a Dodge A-998 3 speed auto
> transmission. I am the only owner this truck has ever had, The pan has never
> been off the tranny,let alone changing the sump. The truck now has over
> 225,500 miles on it. I have to add a total of about a pint of fluid each each
> year to replace what seeps out the pan gasket, the gasket has hardened with
> age and heat and the pan bolts are as tight as I dare get them.

Hmmm... The owners manual for my Dak and my minivan call for an auto
trans fluid and
filter change every 15K miles (rough service - such as towing, all short
trip city miles, etc.) or every 60K miles (normal use). If you don't
perform scheduled maintenance, can Dodge void your warranty or refuse
any warranty trans work?

Whats the deal with the NVG3500 5spd manual trans? The owners manual
calls out an oil change schedule for the manual trans used with the
I4 and the 3.9L, but no change recommendations for the NVG3500.

jeff
98 RC 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55LSD