Re: DMLAL (Dakota Mailing List Acronym List)

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 23:45:39 EST

Joe Dille wrote:

> I have taken the liberty of composing an acronym list of common
> abreviations that are associated with this list. You can tell
> I am tired of waiting for my DAK since I am taking time to
> make this list. Please feel free to make additions or corrections.
> I think it would be appropriate to add this to the mailing list
> FAQ.
>
> Drive Safe,
>
> Joe
>
> Dakota Mailing List of Acronyms
>
> 2WD 2 Wheel Drive
> 4WD 4 Wheel Drive, a.k.a. 4x4
> CAT BACK Exhaust modification that replaces the exhaust from the catalyst back
> CC Chrysler Corporation
> CC Club Cab, Chrysler trade name for extended cab pickup
> DAK Dakota :-)
> DDBC Dakota Decal By Clark
> DML Dakota Mailing List
> ET Elapsed Time, usually for 1/4 mile drag strip
> FABM Fresh Air By Meldrum
> FIPK Fuel Injection Performance Kit (large, free breathing air cleaner)
> I4 Inline 4 cylinder engine
> IAC Idle Air Controller, little motorized valve that adjusts the idle speed
> LSD Limited Slip Differential, Chrysler trade name "Sure Grip"
> MAP Manifold Air Pressure, absolute pressure sensor for fuel injection
> MP MOPAR, Chrysler’s parts division
> OWL Outlined White Letters , on tires
> PCM Powertrain Control Module, computer that runs the fuel injection
> PCV Positive Crankcase Ventilation, also Pollution Control Valve
> RC Regular Cab, e.g. not Club Cab
> SBEC Single Board Engine Controller (computer)
> TPS Throttle Position Sensor, rheostat in the end of the throttle shaft
> WOT Wide Open Throttle
> YMMV Your Mileage May Vary
>

> Joe Dille
>
> Telford PA USA
> (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)

Good list. A few corrections though, FIPK stands for "Filtercharger
Injection Performance Kit" And (I'm not sure on this) but isn't the map
sensor "Manifold Absolute Pressure" instead of Manifold Air Pressure?
Someone got a shop manual who can clarify this?

But great list, that would be a good thing to include in the new member
email.

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto, DDBC, MP SBEC