re>Transmissions

From: Mike (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Wed Feb 04 1998 - 20:07:28 EST

> My 96 minivan with its A46E 4spd auto transaxle is
>another story. This trans
> has been one of CC's worst nightmares.

My advice is to insert a Trans Cooler in line BEFORE the radaitor's
built in cooler.
 1) Keeping an auto trans cool, makes it last MUCH longer.
 2) I prefer Before the radaitor, under heat stress, you do not
   heat the engine water as much, and you let the rad. finish off
   the cooling task, after you drop it a nice 20deg F. Also, in cold
   weather, as the fluid leaves the precooler, then leaves the radaitor,
   it won't be any more frigid than if the precooler wasn't there.
 opinions?
 Mike