92 dakota noise

From: Wendell D. McCurdy (budnj@dnet.net)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 09:31:14 EST

Hey, I would like to ask if anyone has any suggestion for making a 92
Dakota V-6 more quiet? I had a resonator put on...no help. I had a
larger muffler put on...no help. Muffler man says that later Dakotas
show a smaller diameter exhaust coming out of the manifold, and mine is
so large the sound resonates, making it loud. Does anyone know if this
is true, and would a later year's exhaust fit on my manifold...and would
it make it any quieter? I really like my Dakota except for this.
Thanks. Bud McCurdy, Franklin, N. C.