FIPK-Fresh Air Idea

From: Joe Borg (joe.borg@ccmail.dowjones.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 11:27:57 EST

     Last night I picked up my FIPK clone parts. That K&N 1080sure fits
     tight in the Edelbrock 1208, but it fits. I was contemplating removing
     my entire existing fresh air box system but then had an interesting
     idea. Rather than remove the entire box, I thought it might be
     beneficial to do the following:
     - remove the stock air filter and replace the cover
     - remove the stock assembly that fits over the throttle body
     - install the FIPK
     - leave the stock air box and ductwork in place

     At highway speeds the ductwork should pick up cold air from the
     outside and sort of blow it towards the air filter. A little cold air
     is better than none right? Would this be beneficial or not really
     help? Suggestions Please. Joe Borg (contemplating rather than
     wrenching due to a lovely Jersey Nor-Easter)