Re: K&N HELP!

From: RLewis7785@AOL.COM
Date: Fri Feb 06 1998 - 17:50:38 EST

<< The clone is a K&N 14x3 replacement filter with another type of box
(edelbrock or
 other). So I figured, why mix names? I bought the K&N 14x3, whole thing.
The
 chrome top has K&N stamped into it, but it has no hole on the bottom for the
 breather tube (if that's what it's called.) I think I need to get the
Edelbroch
 box, and the K&N replacement filter. I called K&N and asked them, they said
 bought the wrong thing, and I should get pn whatever, which was the FIPK. >>

Go down to your local Hi-Lo Parts store and take one of the edelbrock 1208 14"
air cleaners out of the box and take a look. You'll see the knockout, and
fitting for the breather hose. Then it will become clear. You'll be able to
pick out the fitting you need while you're there.

Good Luck
Richard
92 LE CC, 318, Black and Silver