Re: Clone Mess up.

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 18:16:58 EST

> << After that, I'm
> never even trying to install anything myself, I'm just not competent
> enough.
> Robert Trottmann (probably last post) >>
>
> Hey Robert,
>
> Thats a pretty sad story, but I wouldn't get too down on yourself. We all
> F@#k things up now and again.

I'm pretty much over that now. I was going to replace the hood with a cowl hood
anyway, so I'm just going to do that next, and put off the amp until summer.

> As for the Edelbrock not fitting, that is a question that was just about to
> post. The Edelbrock (or Mr Gasket, etc.) aftermarket cleaners say they fit on
> standard 5-1/8" Carbs. When I measure my TB, I get 5" on the nose. When I
> install minem, I'll have 1/6" to the side of play. For you guys who have done
> this, how have you overcome this (adapter plate, etc.), or do you just live
> with the play. Also, what do you guys do to seal the cleaner to the TB (maybe
> gaskets that come with the kit)

That is weird. When I measure my TBI, I got 5.25", which is the diameter of the
Edelbrock. My not fitting problem is that the can itself won't go all the way
down. I ordered a 3/4" adapter today, that should work, I just hope the new
height (now including adapter) and the K&N 3" element that's coming tommorrow,
fits under the hood. If it doesn't, I'm shooting something.
Thanks for all the help,
Robert (Hood killer) Trottmann
rotrottmann@davidson.edu