Re: Dakota R/T

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 18:09:50 EST

Jim Miller wrote>
> I have a dak r/t on order now. I wonder about headers or cat-back
> exhaust on the r/t?The information about the exhaust system says it has
> a dual inlet 3" outlet muffler.

Jim,
       The auto show is here in Maryland and they have the
R/T on display. I had the same question about the exhaust.
 I tried to look under it but the way they had the display with
 a border around it kept me from getting a good look at the
 exhaust. From what I could see it looked like two catalytic
converters with one muffler (dual inlet & one big single outlet).
 I can tell you the truck looks great! The side of the truck
says "Dakota 5.9 R/T" . The Big 17" tires and fender flares
really make it look good . On a side note when I ordered
my R/T the dealer said he could order it now but the pricing
wasn't completely in from Chrysler. He's probably right
because I ordered a club cab with all options and according
to Chryslers pricing released in January for the R/T my
price with options should have been $25,420 ($22,060 base
CC price plus options I ordered) but my dealers print out
said $22,950. So I guess I'll know the real price when it
arrives. I'll let you know.

Catlin