Re: Clone Mess up.

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 21:18:45 EST

Robert Trottmann wrote:

> I didn't get my own message back either, weird.
> But anyway, I installed my Edlebrock 14" chrome filter, waiting on the K&N
> 'til it comes in on Tue. This all happened Sunday. I got the carriage
> bolt in ok (thanks for the help), that was easy. I was feeling pretty
> good, until the breather hose didn't fit. I was going to go into my room
> to look for info on Meldrum's page or old e-mails, so I shut my hood.
> That's when I found out the carriage bolt needed to be cut. There's not a
> hole in my hood, but it came close. I was not a happy camper, and I have a
> big anti-dent (it sticks up) in the middle of my hood. I'm not too mad
> now, b/c I was going to replace the hood anyway with a fiberglass cowl in
> the summer. I flipped the hose, put the old breather end on the filter,
> and it fits fine. So the breather is all hooked up, I'm just waiting for
> my 3/4" adapter to make the filter fit on the TBI, instead of being above
> it a little. Live and learn, I guess.
> Robert (Hood Killer) Trottmann

Sorry to hear that, it is easy to do. I did the same (only not near as
bad) when I put my FIPK on. I have a little tear in the underhood liner
right where it rested on the bolt for a few days. I cut about a 1/4"
off and have had no other problems.

This also reminds me of the proper way to close a Dak hood. I don't
know about anyone else but when i close mine I easily lower it down
until it clicks and then I push down in the very front center until it
locks. It takes surprisingly very little effort to close like this. I
get real pissed at inspections when the dick head mechanics drop the
hood from about 1/2 open and it goes KAPOW!!! Don't know if you slam
yours or not but by doing it this way you probably would not have hurt
it as bad. But hey look on the bright side, now you have a very good
excuse for the cowl hood!

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com