Re: Respect for our trucks. Was: Clone Mess up.

From: Keredt@AOL.COM
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 07:16:07 EST

<<
   Absolutely!! I HATE that! They could lower it down most of the way
 and then drop it... The hood is *obviously* heavy enough to do that.
 The worst that would happen is that it wouldn't close, and they would have
 to spring the latch and try again. Its not like they have to go back into
 the cab to release the hood again...

It even states in the owner's manual that you should close the hood by
lowering it letting it catch first lock,then pushing closed. Pretty sure
that's how they say it I don't have book in front of me but I remember reading
something close to that.

   Another one is when people slam my doors. My Dakota has the best doors
 I've yet to see on a vehicle (and that includes my last vehicle; a
 considerably more expensive sport GT car). All it takes is a *tiny*
 touch, and the doors swing shut with a satisfying click. If I'm parked on a
 slight slope, I don't even have to do that; I just let go of the door and
 it swings shut. Every time some bozo slams the door, I get this involuntary
 cringe... Maybe they're used to driving junk, but that doesn't mean they
 have the right to treat my pride-and-joy like that.

                                               -Jon-

I agree, I'm gonna shoot my uncle the next time he does it, he has an Escort,
not that the hinges are bad on it but you know those fords!

Keredt