Re: Re: Dakota R/T

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 11:16:54 EST

>From Catlin:

I don't believe in writing any checks. When I ordered the R/T I gave
no deposit and the dealer said if I'm not happy with the price I
don't have to take the truck.

And they can sell it to someone else for more unless you are willing to meet
their price. I know I wouldn't want to wait 8 weeks to only have to start
the process over again at another dealer. Having had multiple attempts at
screwing me over the years with last minute "surprises" I've learned from the
X-files "trust no one" and get it in writing. Maybe you have a previous established
trust with that dealer, but the car buying experience has always been something
to dread for me (can't wait til the BS is over and I'm driving it).

I hope it all works out as planned and you get the R/T you ordered.

-Bob T.