Re: Low Fuel Warning Question

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 13:01:31 EST

I must admit, I also wanted the overhead console for the sunglass and
garage door opener holder. The average mpg value seems to be pretty
inaccurate (usually short by at least 1 mpg), and the miles since last
reset is redundant (trip odometer on the dash does the same). I wouldn't
trust the DTE value within less than 50 miles. However, my 6 year old
son loves the compass and ambient temp readout... makes it all
worthwhile I guess. ;}

The only way to determine your true mpg is to calculate it manually
based on odometer reading and fuel quantity at last fill up.

william ligon wrote:

> I was referring to avg. mpg. As displayed on the overhead console. The
> overhead console displays readouts for direction/temperature; distance till
> empty; real time mpg; in addition to displaying since last reset: engine run
> time; tripometer; and avg. mpg. Its a nice toy - I actually bought it for
> the sunglasses holder & garage door opener holder.

jeff
98 RC 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55SG