Re: Low Fuel Warning Question

From: JCALLENDS@AOL.COM
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 02:20:36 EST

I have a feeling that all of us spent too much (as my soon to be wife says)
on the overhead sunglasses holder, even if we want to say that we got it
for the trip computer ( i saw the rest as just "perks" to the unit)... but
hey the chebby doesn't even come with the trip computer! actually my
favorite thing is putting my camels in the garage door opener part, never
have to worry about them sliding off the seat again!

Cuervo

        I haven't seen a pick-up or transducer anywnhere in the fuel system so
I'm guessing that the computer (micro-processor) is keeping track of the
injector pulses and the duration they are open and using this information to
determine the information that goes to the console about gas mileage. It would
seem plausible that when you reset the console after each fill up the computer
would recalculate gas mileage for the previous tank of gas. It's also possible
that the computer could be determining gas mileage from the previous 2 or more
tank fulls. Any one have a factory manual that tells about the console, or
shows the wiring diagram for it?
        Jack Collins.........Older than old.

        87 DAKOTA LE with 225,000+ miles. 98 DAKOTA SLT CC with
3,000+ miles.