Re[3]: re: MPG and low fuel light

From: Joe Borg (joe.borg@ccmail.dowjones.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 08:27:28 EST

     Tony, no offense intended. Joe

Subject: Re[2]: DML: re: MPG and low fuel light
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at internet
Date: 2/10/98 10:00 PM

> Most of the "v8 guys" I talked to are getting between 14.5 (new truck)
> and 16.5 (broken in) mpg. What do the v6's get? About the same, right?
> So whats the benefit of chopping off 2 cylinders, sacrificing torque
> and HP?? Joe Borg
>
> ooops, sorry guys

Uh, try 17-18 around town and 19-20 on the Hwy!! I get about 350 miles from
full to 1/8 of a tank and then I can usually put 17-18 gallons in the 22
gal tank until full. So thats 350 miles divided by 18 gallons = 19.4 in
mixed driving conditions. I've done a full tank in stop and go conditions
and the mileage sinks about 2 mpg but on the flipside I did a several
hundred mile trek at 55-60mph and got 21+ mpg. You sacrifce HP and Tourqe
for more miles per tank. Personally, I dont do any towing, I got my truck
as an everyday driver, moderate load hauler, and mild off roader. No
offense to anyone (seriously) but if I wanted a race car I'd have gotten
one. I seriously considered the v-8 and every once in a while I say "I wish
I had..." but never at the gas pump. And when you live in a town where gas
is still $1.30 a gallon you need to save every penny

Tony J. Mastres
Photographer
Photographic Services __
1120 Kerr HAll UCSB []_.-' (Q,___\