Re: Door Seals

From: Chip Maurer (chip@unx.dec.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 09:37:13 EST

Buzz Malouin wrote:

> Could someone repost the TSB's for Door Seals on a '97.
> Someone posted them a few weeks back. Wind noise is killing me...
>
> Thanks
>
> ==
> Buzz Malouin

Buzz,

This was from Bruce Bexte a couple weeks ago.

> hi Chip I was just checking the ivoice for the work on the
> weatherstrip and the tsb numbers are
> #2303496
> #2304597
> #23510891

Yes. The noise is very annoying. When I went in for
service a month ago, I indicated that there was a TSB
for the gaskets. When I picked it up (after hours), the
work order attributed it to 'tire noise' and didn't apply
the TSB. I didn't check the ODO, but I'm sure they didn't
even take it for a test ride. They called a couple days
later and asked if I was happy with the service...

Any other 97' owners notice wind noise from the upper
corners of the windshield? The outside molding on mine
does not seem to make an airtight seal. I'm going to have
to deal with that when I go back.

--
| Chip Maurer           chip@unx.dec.com    |