Re[2]: re: MPG and low fuel light

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 13:56:17 EST

At 12:28 PM 2/10/98 , you wrote:
> Most of the "v8 guys" I talked to are getting between 14.5 (new truck)
> and 16.5 (broken in) mpg. What do the v6's get? About the same, right?
> So whats the benefit of chopping off 2 cylinders, sacrificing torque
> and HP?? Joe Borg

Right now I'm getting about 17mpg in stop and go city driving and better
than 20mpg on the hwy. But my mileage is getting better all the time since
I only have about 5K miles on the truck. I go over 300 miles before the low
fuel light comes on and can easily get 400 miles to a tank full if I need
to. (22 gal tank) I'll admit that may not be knock-your-socks-off better
than a V8, but for me I thought it was worth it when I got my truck. Do I
miss not having a V8? Yes, sometimes. But not when I'm standing at the gas
pump watching the numbers flash by.

Mike (I love My dinky V6) Crumley

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net