Re: Jet vs. MP computers

From: kmiller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 15:58:21 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Borg <joe.borg@ccmail.dowjones.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 1998 12:03 PM
Subject: DML: Jet vs. MP computers

> Yesterday I called Jet to inquire about there Dakota computers. The
> 97's are available and the 98's are due in March or April. They are
> about $280. They told me that you dont remove the stock computer.
> Their unit mounts between the stock computer and the wiring harness.
> Questions:
> Has anyone had any experience using this style of computer upgrade
> and what where the results?

I bought a JET Module for my Shelby back in the summer. I guess there are
some performance gains, not really sure though. I think I did pick up some
in the 1/4, but not sure cause I changed a couple of different things, and I
was running in the heat of the summer. I still got a couple of things to
try yet though. Keep in mind that mine did NOT eliminate the rev-limiter.
Pretty simple installation.
> Does the MP unit replace the entire stock computer or just upgrade
> the original like jet?

MP unit replaces the whole computer
> From a performance standpoint is what you gain worth $300?
> Thanks for the help, Joe Borg