Re: Parts prices resource. Was: 1996 SBEC price info

From: Joe Borg (joe.borg@ccmail.dowjones.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 10:05:51 EST

     Lets go for it. Another suggestion is a list of dealears to AVOID. Joe

Subject: DML: Parts prices resource. Was: 1996 SBEC price info
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at internet
Date: 2/11/98 11:50 PM

At 05:31 PM 2/10/98 -0600, Richard A Pyburn wrote:
>On Mon, 09 Feb 1998 22:26:12 -0500 Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
>writes:
[...]
>> Oh well... Live and learn I guess. I can't possibly check every
>>single source every time I want to buy something. Still, $40 would've
>>bought
>>me a set of MSD plug wires...
>>
>> Do you have a phone number or web site URL for Koller Dodge? The
>>next time I want something, I should probably add them to the list of
>>places to check.
>
>Jon
>
>That's a great idea for the DML! If we could go to the homepage and
>review a listing of known sources of Dak equipment at good prices, I
>think most of us would find this
>very beneficial. Sorry to be suggesting more work for you, but I do
>believe it would be great to have.

    Wow, that's scary! :-)

   I was thinking about this on the drive home today, and I was planning
interested in exactly that! I think we've got an awesome resource here:
A whole bunch of people who are into modifying their Dakotas, and that means
a whole bunch of people checking a whole bunch of sources for parts and
services. Why not share that knowledge with everyone else for the benefit
of everyone? We do that to some extent now on the list, but having one
central source could be a powerful resource! It could be in HTML format,
and perhaps also e-mailed to the list at periodic intervals...

   Having a resource like this would (first and foremost) help out
fellow DMLers to get the most mods for the least money, and also reward
parts dealers who don't try to rip people off.

   Anyone else interested in something like this?

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.