Re: FIPK Sound

From: KARL MOLTZAN (kmoltzan@mymail.net)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 10:56:54 EST

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:28:41 -0600 John Neff
<jndneff@flash.net> wrote:

>All,
>I've been doing some thinking on this mod lately and have
decided that I
>would like to do it. There is one thing that I still have
a question on
>though, and that is the sound. I know those of you that
have a FIPK or
>clone all say that you love the sound of it and some have
even said that
>there is no sound difference unless you stomp it. What I'm
not sure of
>though is how loud is it in reality? I would like the
better throttle
>response, and possibly slightly better mileage (no remarks
from the 4
>and 6 cylinder owners please), but my last truck was very
loud and I
>absolutely love how quiet my Dak is. If there is anyone in
the Austin Tx
>area who has a FIPK or clone on their 318 powered Dak,
would it be
>possible to meet you and have you take me for a spin
around the block so
>I can hear it myself? I'm not worried about what year you
have so long
>as I can get an idea of how much noise is coming from the
intake.
>Thanks in advance,
>John
>98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, AUTO, T&H Package, 3.92 LSD,
Power
>Everything, Nerf Bars, Billet Grill, Rhino Liner (2 weeks
old!)

>--
>remove anti spam ^'s from address to reply

Just remave your airbox and take a spin around the block.
Than you will hear the great sucking sound.

                       Karl Moltzan
               92 CC 4X2 5.2L 4/5RT(stock cam)
                   1.7Crower, Electric Fans
                        DTs,Stock coil