Re: Tire Question

From: David Settlemoir (dsettlemoir@aristotle.net)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 16:43:51 EST

Bill-

I have a '95 Dakota SLT 4X4 Club Cab and I'm running the 30" X 9.5 Dunlop
Radial Rover RV's on the stock 15 X 6 wheels. They don't rub at all, but
I've heard the 31's do. The 30's give a tad more height and seem to
visually fill the wheel wells better.

A couple things they do different than the stock 235's is the steering
seems to wander a bit more, and there is about 1 1/2" dark band on each
sidewall that wasn't there originally. I've just figured that it is from
the wheel being a bit too narrow and the tire is flexing. Though I've been
wrong before . . .

David