Cat-back

From: Jim Hagstrom (man-of-attack@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 22:46:51 EST

I'm getting ready to upgrade my exhaust system so I thought I would take a
look underneath and see what it was going to take. I have a '96 CC V6, boy
was I surprise! the Y-pipe is almost flat on the drivers side, they used
small diameter pipe and the muffler is all the way in the back.

I was going to go with an after market cat-back system, but all the ones that
I found were singles that exited out the side and I want duels out the back.

The question is what should I do? Should I replace the entire exhaust system
as to fix the Y-pipe and accommodate duels? Or should I just replace from the
Cat back and split two pipes off the muffler?

My knee jerk reaction is to put headers, high flow converter, and a high flow
muffler, but don't know if this is affordable now. Anyone know how much?

LSBH!!!!

Jim

http://home.att.net/~man-of-attack