Re: Re: Rhino Liner (was FIPK Sound)

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 14:58:15 EST

Mike Crumley wrote:

> No, I certainly don't mind you or anyone else jumping in, the more info the
> better. I am definitely only going to have the liner put in under the rail,
> I have already decided that. Maybe if you had the liner color matched to
> the truck it wouldn't be so bad, but my truck is silver and with a black
> liner I personally don't think it looks that good no matter how good a job
> they do. The place I'm having it done (Rhino Liner of Ft. Worth (Texas,
> USA)) also sells and installs those rail guards. I'm considering having
> them put one over the tailgate rail (if they don't want too much for the
> install). I figure if they do both at the same time they will get a good
> match and fit with the liner. They also finish the liner with that final
> spatter coat like you describe and yes, it looks real good that way.
>
> I'm glad to hear they were able to keep your front drain holes open. Also,
> how good a job did they do keeping the front tie downs in the bed open? Can
> you still use the covers for them?

My Dak is flame red and I had a black liner installed to keep the
red/black scheme going, so your right, the imperfections along the
transitions are more noticable. Got my liner installed at Rhino Liner of
Duluth (GA). I looked into getting a color-matched liner, but these
folks didn't have the color pigments available. My choices were black or
grey.

Yep, the front tie downs are open and the covers still work. They
removed front tie down plugs, the rear tie down brackets, and tailgate
hardware prior to spraying. Apparently they were just careful to not
spray as much material around the tie down and drain holes.

The only thing they covered was that little bolt access port (normally
covered by a rubber plug) near the driver side wheel. If I ever need to
get to that bolt to remove the bed, I'll have to cut through the liner
material - but then it won't make any difference anyway.

--
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
   ------   __e       Jeff Lee, Principal Engineer   (Jeff.Lee@nsc.com)