Lemon Law in Texas

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Sun Feb 15 1998 - 19:57:03 EST

going in tomorrow because the heater core has sprung a leak. I first
smelled coolant about a month ago, but was unable to find any sign of
leakage. Today, I stomped it to get around an idiot who passed me in a
residential area (I waited until we were out side of the neighborhood)
and the smell was unreal. I cycled the temperature controls and set it
on A/C. A little bit of fog came out the center vents, and I was sure of
what had happened. When I got home, sure enough, the passenger side
floor mat and carpet were a little damp. I reached into the floor vent
and my fingers came out covered in nice fresh green coolant.
    To date, this makes the third time its going into the shop since I
took ownership of it on 10-27-97.
    The first time was to have the rear drivers side fender flare
re-attached, now loose again. And to have them try and find the clunk
when turning.
    The second time was for an oil leak, they did nothing on this, but
charged CC for R&R the intake manifold. The leak was and still is coming
from the oil filter. They fixed the clunk when turning by re-torquing
the cab mounts. And to replace the intermediate shaft for clunking I
could feel through the steering wheel at all times. The later is back.
The truck was in the shop for 5 days on this occasion.
    Now this will be the third. I will notify them that the steering
wheel clunking is back, though not as bad as the first time. I have no
idea how long they will keep it. Hopefully I will get it back by evening
if they have a heater core in stock.
    I have a bad feeling that this is the beginning of constant repairs
with this truck as I have had it now less than 4 months. The odometer
reads 4003 miles.
    If anyone has knowledge or information on Texas Lemon Laws, please
write back. I hope I did not spend $25,000 on a piece of crap. I really
like everything about this truck, but I'm afraid that it was built on a
Friday.

John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, AUTO!, 3.92LSD, T&H Package, Power
Everything, Billet Grill, Nerf Bars, Rhino Liner, DDBC. Lemon in Intense
Blue clothing.

--
remove anti spam ^'s from address to reply