Re: front-end problems

From: Keredt@AOL.COM
Date: Sun Feb 15 1998 - 22:46:04 EST

<< The computer printout provided by a Firestone dealer showed some rather
severe
 negative camber settings (which are non-adjustable). >>

The info yo recieved is wrong, I am a Hunter Certified Algnment Technician,
and have aligned My 97 Dak, Built sometime before 4/97, 2 times. and had it
checked times, Every tire rotation. Camber/Caster is adjustable by loosening
the upper control arm to frame nuts. and sliding the control arm in or out
from center of the truck! Look in the engine compartment on the driver's side
and you can see the nuts. They should have a xlot on either side on the nut
to allow the control arm to slide.

On my, however, I am out of adjustment for caster on the drivers side, its at
its highest point. My camber is set to 0 degrees on left and right and 2.5
caster on the right and about 2.1 on the left, this difference in caster will
counter the round crown pull effect. Toe is set at 0.02 inches in. Pretty
darn close to 0.00 don't ya think?

Keredt