RE: 3in. body lift

From: Walter Felix (Walter_Felix@classic.msn.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 10:51:16 EST

I did it on my 88 as well. Also went smooth except for the cab mounts behind
the front tires. The tires kick dirt and crud on them causing them to rust
fairly solid into place. It took an hour with an impact gun and a can of
penetrating oil to break the driver's side loose. The passenger's side had to
be cut off with a torch. I usually recommend having a new set of cab mounts
available when installing the kit. It makes life easier.

Another thing, you mention that you have a V8. Remember that you will have to
replumb the lower radiator hose. The fan on a V8 will not clear the lower
hose when you lift the body. That's why when you look up body lift kits for
Dakota's the lift V6 only.

Walter_Felix@MSN.COM
Truck: 88 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4.
Color: Flash Red
Motor: 3.9 V6
Tranny: A-500 Auto with NVP231 Transfer Case
Factory Accessories: AC, Cruise, Tilt, PW, PD, Rear Slider, Light Bar, Fog
Lamps & Covers
Aftermarket Accessories: Lund Interceptor, Lund Moon Visor, Sony
AM/FM/Cassette w/10 Disk Changer, ventguards, custom bed mat, black Dee-Zee
tailgate protector, Lund head-lamp blackouts, 4 Dick Cepek lamps with custom
covers, cowl style hood scoop, 3" TrailMaster body lift, 31x10.50x15 Dunlop
Radial Mud Rovers on 15x10 AR Type 26 rims, X-Tang railed tonneau cover (cut
and fitted to bed bar), Lund TailMate, Rancho RS-5000 Shocks, FlowMaster 3"
in/2 2-1/2" outlets, BushWacker fender flares, Taylor 8mm wires (Red), "FABM",
"DDBC".
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/9219