Re: Daytime Running Lights

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 19:36:18 EST

>I know Dakotas sold into Canada have daytime running lights. Has
>any list members installed this in their truck?

I have a 97 truck and I wanted to do this. I talked to the parts guys at =
several dealers and they all told me to install factory-type DRL=27s in my =
truck would be quite difficult and require parts only available in Canada. =
 Apparently it=27s much more than just plugging in a module. I was =
looking in to doing it a month or two before the 98=27s came out, but it =
was hinted that it might be possible to do it with just a module in the =
98=27s. Since I have a 97 I never followed through, but if you=27ve got a =
=2798 it might be worth checking with your dealer=27s parts department.

>Has anyone installed an aftermarket kit? If so, where did you get
>it, how much and how difficult was it to install?

I wound up installing an aftermarket kit that I got at my local Pepboys =
for about =2430. It was very easy to install and turns the low beams on =
at 80% brightness whenever the truck is on. Out of the box you can =
install it by crimping a few wires together, but I wound up installing it =
more like an OE unit with a fuse in the dakota=27s power center and all. =
Email me if you want any more tips on this.

HTH
  Brett