Re: Re: Engine Noise When Cold

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 15:43:47 EST

from keredt:

Why does the noise bother you so much, as long as I don't hear anything
that sounds like metal on metal the sounds from the engine compartment
don't really concern me, I mean that's what the radio's for right, to
drown out little sounds like that. If you don't like listening to the
radio just get dual exhaust, you'll be so busy listening to the purr of
the exhaust you'll forget all about the fan noise... :)

Bruce

It doesn't bother me THAT much, but I was reacting more to the "they all
do it so it's OK". I'm just stating that I feel that's one thing Dodge did
wrong compared to other fan systems I've experienced. Lord knows it wouldn't
drive me to buying a Chevy or Ford next time! :-)

I guess it's a way of simulating you're in 4 wheel low (sounds like you're
revving 4k when you're only doing 1200 rpm, but only on some days as
determined by a psuedo-random defect generator :-)

-Bob T.