Re: (no subject)

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 09:29:56 EST

JEdmo123@AOL.COM wrote:

> Uncle Sam Is going to buy me a set of dual exaust from the cat back with flow
> masters and chrome tips. The "Toys for Trucks" shop at the Dealer here in
> Atlanta says they will do It for $290.00, Does this seem like a reasonable
> amount or should I shop around? Thanks

I bought my truck from Marietta Dodge, which is the dealer that has the
"Toys for Trucks" shop. These guys farm out the specialized aftermarket
installation work, and they seem to have do a mark-up on many of the
aftermarket parts. They farmed out installation of my rear sliding
window to a local auto glass shop. Its a pretty good bet that they have
a relationship with a muffler shop down the street for installation of
exhaust systems.

When I bought my flares, the "Toys for Trucks" guys were asking $295 +
$75 installation. They're nice folks, but not necessarily the least
expensive. I ended up buying the flares from Nalley in Duluth (GA) for
$245, and installed them myself.

Data point: Truck Performance in CA wants $259 + $18 shipping for the
Gibson aluminized single or dual cat back kits - uninstalled of course.

jeff
98 RC 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55SG flares