Re: Oil pressure

From: David Brown (dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 12:44:21 EST

That's marketing...... go buy some headers and your oil changes will be=
 much easier. 'Course it would be cheaper I guess to just have Jiffy Lube=
 change your oil for you. (As long as they didn't screw something else up).
----------
Having someone else change it could be a problem as well. True story: the skid
plate on past (maybe current) Toyota 4Runners needs to be removed to access the
oil filter. What a pain. Lots of work, who's going to know? There are many
4Runners with their original filter still in place :0!! Guess those are
potential 1000 point show vehicles with that "correct" filter and all.

And for any vehicle, a lot of repair ships only replace the spark plugs that can
be reached easily. I hear it all them time. Pay for 6, get 3 or 4, etc. Gotta
love that.

--
David Brown          Mailto:dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu