Re: Tailgate Protectors

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 08:57:46 EST

>Hi,
>
>I am picking up my 1998 CC Sport in 8 days and I want to by a
>tailgate protector. (The little cap that goes on the top of the
>gate.) I have a few qestions:
>
>- Is the top of the tailgate flat across the back or does it have
>a bulge in it? I only have the brochure and it is not clear if a
>tailgate protector would fit since there apears to be a bulge in
>the back of the gate.

Yes theres a bulge, its a bit of a pain if the protector is not made
specifically for the Dak. Dodge actually sells a very nice one, its diamond
plate aluminum and only about $35.
I had one on my 97 until I got a camper shell. Unfortunately the bulge by
itself is bad enough creating an ill fitting hatch seal along the tailgate
top . With the protector installed I couldnt get my Snug-top to close
properly so I had to remove the protector.

Tony J. Mastres
Photographer
Photographic Services __
1120 Kerr HAll UCSB []_.-' (Q,___\