Re: 10w30 vs. 10w40

From: DICEMAN469@AOL.COM
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 10:54:29 EST

Last summer I decided to try 10w40 in my V6 engine and it developed a unique
problem. After warming up, my truck would begin an unusual tapping noise (what
sounded like the valves). It was noticable enough to hear it from inside the
cab. The truck also stuttered a great deal first thing in the morning when it
was first turned on. I have a stick, and I actually had to slam the gas from a
light to avoid stalling on more than one occasion. I ended up riding it out
until my next change where I put 10w30 back in, and I haven't had a problem
since.

Diceman469@aol.com

'95 Dakota V6
Mopar 3" Catback, ViperGTS paintjob, 17" boyds, accel ignition, system, the
works!!