Re: RE:Oil Pressure

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 13:20:31 EST

At 09:28 AM 2/19/98 , you wrote:
>Yeah I'll have to agree, the oldtimers usually do know what their talking
>about, they made their mistakes and learned from them years ago, they can
>help keep us from making stupid mistakes now...
>
>Bruce
>>
>> A smart person (on this list) told me not to put anything down that
>> oil hole sept oil. I checked this with my dad (a 50year CC mechanic)
>> he agreed (these old timers usually know what they are talking about).
>>
>> Just my 2 cents worth...

I've always heard (and this goes back a while) that a good quality
name-brand oil already has everything in it needed for maximum engine
protection. All those additives are just a waste of money. The only
exception would be something like STP which is basically an oil thickener
to keep old ragged out motors from burning so much oil. And nobody on this
list is going to let their motors get in that kind of condition, are they?

Just my 1 cent.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed