'Nother supercharger query

From: Craig Baltzer (cbaltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 23:25:34 EST

I'm edging forward with my "summer" supercharger project on my '97 5.2l.
So far the "only" games in town with kits for the 5.2l seem to be Paxton
and Vortech. Talked to Vortech today, and they are saying that their
systems are not compatible with the OBDII on any Dodge 1996 or later.
Paxton on the other hand are saying they *are* OBDII compatible, and the
kit looks quite good (7 PSI and has all of the hardware for supplemental
fueling). With the current mods (intake/cam/headers/exhaust) that I
have, they figure that 375-390hp will be the "end" number.

Anyway, anyone have any experience with the Paxton kits? I'm in
"non-CARB" country, so I'm not looking for an exemption certified
platform, but on the other hand don't want to have to completely replace
all of the engine management computer just to get this thing running.

Thanks

Craig