oil question

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 10:29:05 EST

Thanks for the auto trans info, Joe. Here's another question. I recently
switched to a synthetic (Syntec 5w-50). Guy at the parts house (Chief) said
it was ok year round, but specifically good for our summers (Dallas). I
spend plenty of days in stop and go traffic with outside temperatures at or
around 100 degrees (humidity index makes it feel like 115 - no joke). They
had cases and cases of the stuff and said they sold a lot of it. Any
comments on this specific weight? Thanks a lot for everyone's input.

Tate

Joe wrote.....
     And finally, new motors have much tighter clearances and can maintain
     good pressure with lighter oils. You will actually make more
     horsepower with lighter oil. Stick to 10w30 UNLESS you live in the
     Arizona desert!
     Hope this helps. (I just asked the same questions about my 98!)
     Joe Borg