Re: Street Racing

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 22 1998 - 12:24:33 EST

<< Anyone have any good stories to share? I have a friend that has been doing
a load of trash
 talkin' about his stock '87 Stang. I can't wait to get my truck out of
storage so I can
 see if he really has the steam!
--- >>
My first time at the drag strip I made three passes with my bone stock Dakota.
First pass sucked, smoked the tires through third gear (its a 5 speed!),
second pass I beat a late 80's Mustang, and third pass beat another late 80's
Stang, a convertible. After I beat the first one, all those guys came over
and started checking out my truck, and asking a bunch of questions. I didn't
have any emblems on it. One of em asked what I had in it, so I lied a said a
V6! You should of seen the looks on their faces! He he!!! But I was nice
enough to fess up to having a V8. Told them I just wanted to see their
reactions. They ended up being nice enough guys, one of em was giving me tips
on launching and tire pressures, which did help on the last run. It was a
very hot, humid day, and I ended up with a best pass of 15.47 at 89.6. To
date the truck has turned a best of 15.04 at 91.88. With just a cat back
exhaust, FIPK, and very old worn slicks. I think a 14 would be no prob with
good slicks, as these were spinning for a couple feet.

Brad