Re: Cat question

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 1998 - 09:39:38 EST

At 11:10 AM 2/20/98 +0000, you wrote:

>Dave, its funny you should ask that question. I just had a 3" high
>flow cat installed Wednesday. My old cat sounded like it was full of
>marbles, and I had a feeling it was cloging up my exhuast.

The classic signs of a trashed cat is that sound. Its the pieces of the
honey comb bouncing around like, well, marbles!

You were right...These chunks were causing a restriction.

My only warning to you would be to make sure the truck is running the way
its supposed to be running.

There had to be something not right for the cat to be destroyed in this manner.

Running over-rich or at too high RPMs (overheating the exhaust) at low MPH
wil melt down a cat. faster than you can say "Oh my gawd!"

I once saw a cat converter glow cherry red. This was from running too rich
and idling too long.

Needless to say, the cat was history......