Re: Re: Re:fast neons

From: WillTier@AOL.COM
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 20:49:58 EST

<< I just don't see a Neon pulling those kind of numbers. I'm sure they're
 faster than a Dak (top speed; I would guess they're in the 130mph range),
 and darn close (if not faster) at accelleraton, so if one pulls up beside me
 at the light or the tree, they'll get my undivided attention. :-) >>

Jon

I don't see any of them pulling those numbers with the speed limiters on them.
I believe the Neon thing is from the commercial from CC asking what is the
quickest car they sell, the Viper, and then ask the second quickest which they
claim is the Neon. I know My son Dan's 97 Neon runs pretty good and has not
been beat by another Neon and he has run a 15.7 @ 88 mph, not to shabby but
definitely not in Z28 or older Mustang territory, at least not yet. They are a
pretty neat car though.

Gettin closer....

Bill