Re: Dakota History

From: Weingart, Robert F (rweingart@lucent.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 1998 - 11:18:15 EST

Jim-
According to my memory the web site is wrong. This is what I remember
as the highlights per year.

1988 EFI added to the V6
ABS Rear brakes offered
Sport Model Released
1989 Roller followers added to the V6 (My year!)
Convertible released
Shelby Released w/ V8
1990 Extended cab first offered (With old square Dak front)
Convertible Canceled
Shelby Canceled (I think)
1991 New front added to the Dak to allow NON-Magnum V8
1992 New Magnum engines are released along with the SLT badging
instead of LE
1994 "High" mounted stop lamp added
1996 OBDII introduced
1997 You know the rest

I think that the airbag and 4 wheel ABS were started in '94, but I am
not positive.
I remember the extended cab in '90, because I bought my '89 right
before I heard about it. (I would have rather got the ext cab)

Thanks,
Rob Weingart '89 LE 4x4 (190K miles)
<<> When did major the two major body style changes occur?

Original design changed in 1990 when front became extended to allow
for V8 engines.Then 1997 when current design came out. Am I Right?
> When did certain trim packages come out, and what
differentiates