Re: 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 14:35:49 EST

> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 00:05:26 EST
> From: DodgeBoyz3@AOL.COM
> Subject: DML: 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T
>
> Greetings (V)opar fans!
>
> Has anyone on the list ordered or purchased the new R/T ?
> I plan on ordering one and a friend is also going to do the same. Both of
us
> doing this at the same time. I converted him from shivvys. He has a 97
T/A and
> after cruising w/ me in my 95 SLT, RC, SB, 5.9, he is ready to give up
the
> pancho!
>
> I want to hear from anyone who has ordered or purchased one. The aluminum
> wheels I see in magazines look great, but I also read that they would not
be
> available on all production R/T's. Anyone know about this?
>
> Keep on (V)opar'in!
>
> Gene in Houston

Gene,
    I ordered the R/T on Feb 3rd and received the Vehicle order
number on 2/4/98. Dodge just started letting you order them in
the beginning of February. As of yesterday 2/25 my dealer checked
and said that Chrysler had not started building it yet. If you
want to see what the production R/T wheels look like Dodge took
out a 2 page ad for the new R/T in the April issue of "Motor Trend"
page 84. Ad Says "LIGHT MY TIRES" . Pretty funny.

Catlin