Re: Brakes and Shocks.

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 15:26:37 EST

> Robert, don't let em scare you away with talk about bleeding the brakes.
> No need to mess with bleeding the brakes if you're just going to change
> the pads. The only time you need to open the hydraulics is to
> repair/replace wheel cylinders, master cylinder, brake lines, etc.
> During pad replacement, you just retract the wheel cylinders. Now if you
> have brake fluid leaking from the wheel cylinders...

Correct me if I'm wrong but to retract the wheel cylinders you have to
loosen the nipple and bleed enough brake fluid out to let it retract far
enough to put new pads on, then after you have it reassembled you loosen
it again and have someone press the brake pedal a few times to insure
there's no air in the lines, because if you don't and there is air in the
lines I'd hate to be the car stopped in front of you at thenext redlight
you come to........