Disk brake rotor ? (Los Angeles, CA)

From: Mike (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 02:27:55 EST

All the talk on the brakes, I haven't had the wheels off, but are the
rotors on the DAk vented or solid? Solid ones I could see warping,
but vented ones run cooler, and harder to warp.
 Also, anyone try the DOT 5 synth. brake fluid? My version of
brake fluid care, keep the lid on the master, and keep it topped off.
 I got 16 years on my ORIGINAL brake innards, just by keeping it clean
and dry. Outer walls of hoses were starting to go, but never had to
get into the wheel cyls for anything. Lots of brake lineings, and about
3 pairs of rotors in 230,000 miles. Mike