Re: 1998 R/T Dakota

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 09:23:57 EST

> Guys,
>
> I got a question for you R/T guys. Why pay 800.00 over invioce. The
> dealer is making about 1500.00 off you. I ordered an 98 SLT+ loaded and
> got it for less than invoice. Are the R/T's in the same boat as the
> DURANGO's. I was origanaly going to get a DURANGO, but know one wanted
> to come off MSRP (Well no more than 1000.00). Most dealerships have one
> to two on the lot, and they want MSRP. I think that is crazy. Some of
> the placed that I went to where selling DURANGO's as quick as they got
> them. I am going to gues that the R/T is in the same boat. Let me
> know...........

I had checked several buying services including http://www.carscost.com
They will E Mail you with what the dealer pays for the vehicle
(factory invoice not MSRP) and will find a dealer in your area that will
sell you the car for $249-$499 over that invoice. I ended up paying
$800 over the same invoice (impatient) not using the service.
On a side note my dealer had also ordered another R/T for his dealer stock
when he ordered mine, but Chrysler has since deleted his order out of the
system (Must be in short supply).

Catlin

 jim miller wrote

> Jim in Waco says P215/75r15 rwl all season on my R/T order sheet. I am
sure that
> is WRONG!

It is wrong the R/T sport Group over rides that wheel
selection with P255/55R17 BSW Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires.

Catlin

> Robert Trottmann wrote:
>
> I have another question along those lines. Why pay for a stereo system
from
> Mopar? The guy with the R/T price breakdown paid over 700 dollars for a
> "decent" system. I paid about grand for mine, to replace what y'all are
> paying $700 for. The infinity system was in my truck when I got it used.
> Its nothing compared to what you can do w/ aftermarket systems. Just my
> humble opinion/question.
> Robert
> Davidson, NC
> St. Louis, Mo

Robert,
       The reason I ordered the factory system and all the other factory
options for the R/T is that I'm hoping some day the R/T will be a
collectable
truck (I plan on keeping it a long time). I agree with you and did put
aftermarket systems in my other vehicles.

Catlin