Re: Safety BS

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 13:21:05 EST

> > Chrysler Corp. spokesman Mike Rosenu [...]
> > said the automaker already has implemented its new hydroforming
> > technology in the 1998 Dodge Durango and 1997 Dakota
>
> > It makes the vehicle lighter by taking out the unnecessary weight - thus
> > making it safer for car drivers if involved in a collision - but does not
> > affect its strength, he said.
>
> The sounds like a line of BS to me. They want to cut weight for CAFE
> and cost reasons, that I can understand. But this safety bit is all
> politics. If anything, cutting mass from the vehicle will actually make
> it more UNSAFE in a collision for that vehicle's driver & passengers.
>
> CC is just trying to deflect all the crap people are spouting about SUVs
> being menaces on the road, and unsafe because they are bigger. Could that
> be because they are actually descended from trucks? No duh!
>
> Ron "Take That Econobox And Shove It" Rader

I agree with you totally Ron, I think thay need to realize it's not that
the SUV's are menaces it just the other vehicles were unsafe to begin
with, if they think hitting an SUV is bad what are they gonna think when
they hit a tractor trailer? I think they should get a real car and quit
their griping....

Bruce