Re: Mustang WAS: Street Racing -Reply -Reply

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 14:39:16 EST

Michael Z-Sykes wrote:

> don't get me wrong, I'm not a mustang fan by any means-but, I have seen
> a good, healthy stang run in the lower 13's to upper 12's with only minor
> modifications (i.e.-exhaust and gears)...I have been unfortunate enough
> to see one take off and get that good spot in traffic that I was going for
> (jerk).....and they ask me why I wanna' swap a 318....hhmph!
> mike sykes
> slow 88 V6

I've owned two 5.0s and let me tell you, it takes a bunch more than gears and
exhaust for them to run low 13s. Try intake, pulleys, throttle body, computer
and probably nitrous or a blower. I run against stangs in our musclecar club
challenges here in Texas four or five times a year. Very few of the normally
aspirated non-cobras can beat me and I run 14.7s. Stock Mustangs usually run
mid to low 15s. About a month ago, a local punk and I ran on the street and he
had a computer, headers and exhaust. I beat him two out of three times(the
last time was a 20 punch and he got ahead one car length but couldn't pull
away up to 100mph+).

Andre Mauboussin
95 14.70@93.5mph