Re: 98 Dakota auto trans. noise

From: DAVID D. THEDE (tnadoman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 22:12:41 EST

You wrote:

>Well, my 92 4x4 V8 has had its share of tranny/transfer case noises
and
>troubles...
>
>I had a whine/metallic hiss or grind and it was a whole bunch o' parts
in
>the transfer case. The whine was a shot sun gear in the OD unit...
>
>Cant belive your 98 would already have these ills...

About 1500 miles after purchasing my '97, driving 30 mph by the Jeep
and Chrysler dealer, my entire driveline fell out and lay in the road.
I was totally shocked. This was my first test drive after installing my
K&N FIPK clone. The dealer said that they've seen it happen to the
Rams, but not the Daks.

I had a new transfer case and driveshaft replaced. The input shaft was
sheared.

Dave Thede
'97 Dakota Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4
K&N FIPK clone